Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a roleplaying forum where an organization called Followers of Fatalis is controlling monsters to further their own agendas. Will you be a hunter to defend your town, or be the ones attacking the town. Your life is entirely up to you.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Windows Vista Gamer Edition 2009 X64 SP2
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:10 am by gladupan

» VA - Brownswood Bubblers Nine (2012)
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 am by gladupan

» 3 Sisters Lara Jade Aude Advisoryr Part 1
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:06 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 pm by gladupan

» Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.05 RePack
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:32 am by gladupan

» Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.0.1 Serial
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:06 pm by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:16 am by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:44 am by gladupan

Top posters
Tobakado (891)
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Vote_lcapRP: terms, tips, and help.  Voting_barRP: terms, tips, and help.  Vote_rcap 
Mehaha (765)
RP: terms, tips, and help.  Vote_lcapRP: terms, tips, and help.  Voting_barRP: terms, tips, and help.  Vote_rcap 
Black Lagoon (615)
Abel X (349)
Monsters (319)
Razor (298)
Drakina (220)
ScottishSamurai (163)
TokyoBabe (146)
gladupan (138)
Disclaimer
This forum is based off the "Monster Hunter" series. All sources originated from the "Monster Hunter" series are intended to retain as much of the original creation as possible. original creations are intended to be original and is not intended to influence the actual "Monster Hunter" series.
Administrators
Tobakado
Mehaha
Merrow
Moderators
Monsters
Reks
Facebook

RP: terms, tips, and help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Metis
HR- 3
Metis

RP: terms, tips, and help.  Empty
PostSubject: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:30 pm

It has come to my attention that I'm actually one of the more experienced RPers here, and a lot of players are just getting started. It seems like I didn't have a lot of help when I started, so I want to make sure you do. So I thought I'd make a thread with some helpful info and offer Help to anyone that needs it. If have any questions or need any help, ask in this thread.

These lists aren't complete. I'll be adding to them, probably when someone asks a question about something I forgot. So don't be afraid to ask!

General need-to-know-terms
PC: Player Character. A character controlled by a roleplayer.
NPC: Non-Playable Character. A character that doesn't belong to a player
IC: In Character, or posts that involve dialogue, actions and thoughts of your character. These posts are supposed to be like reading a story.
OOC: Out of Character. When you're talking directly to players. When doing this within an IC post ((double parentheses)) signifies something said in OOC.
Example:
((Frank, we're fighting a Diablos not a Monoblos.))
This is also acceptable
(OOC: Sorry it took so long to post. Bad storm put the power out.)
MunThe player themselves. Used as a suffix with the character's name. For instance, my character's name is Ariadne so Ariadne-mun would refer to me.
The Bad Stuff
This is the stuff you need to know, so that you know not to do it.
God modding: A definite no-no that will make people hate you and probably kick you out of their games. This is when a character does whatever he wants without any limits or boundaries such as having invincible armour, or being able to dodge everything that comes at you not matter what. This also includes killing or injuring another player's character or using another person's character. YOU SHOULD NEVER, EVER CONTROL ANOTHER CHARACTER'S ACTIONS WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
Example:
I punch you in the face, my fist makes a crunching sound as it slams into your jaw and you're knocked to the floor."

Now see, this doesn't give the other character a chance to dodge or anything. You're telling him that he's hit in the face AND knocked to the floor. It's really rude, possibly making out the other character to be something he's not "(such as weak and sniveling,) and ruins the fun for everyone else.

Some Tips and Tricks

Interact!/Don't be the Lone Wolf
Okay, I know everyone thinks the "Badass loner with a dangerous past" type character is cool, but I'd heavily recommend not making a character with a loner personality if you're a beginner. Interaction is the basis of roleplay, and if you're not interacting with other characters you probably won't be having as much fun as you should. If you finish your post and there's no interaction with any other characters, you might want to consider changing it. Note that interacting with another character can mean just saying something to someone.

Flaws are as important to a character as their strengths
The most common mistake made by people new to RP is they make a character that isn't flawed. It's important to have strengths, especially in a RP about slaying giant monsters, but flaws are what makes a character interesting. Even simple things. Maybe your character is strong, but not very fast. Maybe your character is fast on his feet, but is weaker than most characters. Once you start to get better at making characters you're going to want to add other flaws, besides just physical. Like Personality flaws. Maybe your character is a braggart, or overly competitive. Maybe he/she has some sort of skeleton is his closet. Maybe he/she is very young and suffers from ageism. I could keep going on and on. This is what makes your character unique.
Back to top Go down
Vlados
HR- 1

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Помогите пройти миссию с алатреоном плииз!
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:58 pm

please, write in english.
Back to top Go down
Vlados
HR- 1

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 am

Я неумею!А тут есть кто по русски говорит?
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Dude... No one speaks russian here... Post in english.

Чувак ... Никто не говорит на русском здесь ... Сообщение на английском языке.
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 pm

So you are russian Mehaha? I been wondering were you where from for days lol.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Not russian... I used a translator... So I'm not even sure if it worded it right...
Back to top Go down
Vlados
HR- 1

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 am

Mehaha wrote:
Dude... No one speaks russian here... Post in english.

Чувак ... Никто не говорит на русском здесь ... Сообщение на английском языке.
Раз ты говориш на русском подскажи с чем пойти на алатреона?
Back to top Go down
Black Lagoon
Moderators
Black Lagoon

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Please Could You Post In English As Mehaha, Has Said.,, If Need Be Use A Translator, Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I will not repeat myself... Please post in English... Last warning! If need be use a translator.

Я не буду повторяться ... Пожалуйста, пост на английском языке ... Последнее предупреждение! В случае необходимости использования переводчик.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP: terms, tips, and help.    RP: terms, tips, and help.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP: terms, tips, and help.
Page 1 of 1