Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a roleplaying forum where an organization called Followers of Fatalis is controlling monsters to further their own agendas. Will you be a hunter to defend your town, or be the ones attacking the town. Your life is entirely up to you.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Windows Vista Gamer Edition 2009 X64 SP2
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:10 am by gladupan

» VA - Brownswood Bubblers Nine (2012)
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 am by gladupan

» 3 Sisters Lara Jade Aude Advisoryr Part 1
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:06 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 pm by gladupan

» Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.05 RePack
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:32 am by gladupan

» Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.0.1 Serial
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:06 pm by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:16 am by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:44 am by gladupan

Top posters
Tobakado (891)
Tips n` Tricks Vote_lcapTips n` Tricks Voting_barTips n` Tricks Vote_rcap 
Mehaha (765)
Black Lagoon (615)
Abel X (349)
Monsters (319)
Razor (298)
Drakina (220)
ScottishSamurai (163)
TokyoBabe (146)
gladupan (138)
Disclaimer
This forum is based off the "Monster Hunter" series. All sources originated from the "Monster Hunter" series are intended to retain as much of the original creation as possible. original creations are intended to be original and is not intended to influence the actual "Monster Hunter" series.
Administrators
Tobakado
Mehaha
Merrow
Moderators
Monsters
Reks
Facebook

Tips n` Tricks

Go down 
+7
Lordturtle
Mehaha
Drakina
Monsters
Merrow
KeIl
Tobakado
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Imma go ahead and claim the title of the most active hunter. killing at least 50 of everything except fatalis. so, having trouble? ask here
Back to top Go down
https://monster-hunter.forumotion.net
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Wait...wut? 50 of EVERYTHING? That seems...steep. I thought there were only a few known members of some of the Wyverns. And I have issue with you already killing 50 of each Elder Dragon, when the site is just STARTING. Not much room for progression.
Back to top Go down
Merrow
HR- 4
Merrow

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:45 pm

This is if you need help with actual game KeIl. He's speaking of himself IRL.
Back to top Go down
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 am

OHH! Gotcha. Gawd, I was really confused for a second. Well in that case, COME TO MY COLLEGE AND HELP ME!!! You jerks are leavin me in the dust, what with your fancy multiple-hunter parties and your fancy-shmancy teamwork. Geez. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Monsters
Moderators
Monsters

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 am

I haven't done a damn thing since you left except try and kill a Ukanlos with Toba, which did not end well.
Back to top Go down
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 am

Monsters wrote:
I haven't done a damn thing since you left except try and kill a Ukanlos with Toba, which did not end well.

One of the times I called, you said Araska was over, and you guys were teamed up with someone else, killing things. But I might be mistaken. Still, we can play online together with Tri, so get a freakin Wii already!
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:32 pm

that might be possible for me! I've got a job at Ingles starting next month! and btw I did about 95% of my mh stuff solo. So much for teamwork...

btw btw I just recently found out, if we all get a ps3 we can mhfu together online there...
Back to top Go down
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:18 am

Tobakado wrote:
that might be possible for me! I've got a job at Ingles starting next month!

GRATZ!

Tobakado wrote:
btw btw I just recently found out, if we all get a ps3 we can mhfu together online there...

-_- <-- broke college kid. Cant even afford the games that are out now, let alone a new super-priced system.
Back to top Go down
Drakina
Admin
Drakina

Location : Turn around and find out - if not I hope you enjoy the taste of a blade.

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:35 am

Tobakado wrote:

ASS!! And a Ukanlos, 50?!?! BS!! there is no way possible. iv only killed the Ukanlos 18 times in the PSP game
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:30 am

It's hard but possible... Especially if it's Tokabo... Dudes a beast!
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Well Ive ment to say Ukanlos not fatalis... but I have put a Ukanlos in limping condition myself over 20 someodd times... havent killed one solo. Have killed 25 fatalisus.

BAD TYPO MB
Back to top Go down
Lordturtle
HR- 1

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 am

Best bet for taking down a Rath(m) and a Rath(f) seperately for the level two guild hall quest in MHF2 for a greatsword weilder who has the following weapons...

Tarnished great sword- Attack= 528
Silver Serpentblade- Attack= 480 + 240 ice
Finblade- Attack= 480 + 260 water
Red Stripe- Attack= 624
Golem Blade+- Attack= 576
Cat's Soul- Attack= 480 + 200 para attrib
Barbarol Blade- Attack= 480 + 250 fire
Khezu Shock Sword- Attack 624 + 220 thunder
Halberd- Attack= 864

Any suggestions on taking them down?
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:57 am

If you're having trouble fighting them with those weapons then it is not a matter of power but rather a matter of defense. How well is your armor? If that is up to snuff then there should be no problem using the silver serpentblade to take them down. The reason I choose that one is because both share a weakness in Ice. Not so much a Rathian since it is weak against dragon but it still has a second weakness to Ice. Suggestions? Well here are a few.

1. Try full hermitaur armor, it is an easy armor set to get at that level and with that armor on it gives a +20 defense skill in addition to its normal defense.

2. Try a trap and bomb technique. This would require a lot of in the feild combining. To clarify, here are how to make the traps. Ivy+Spiderweb=Net. Trap tool+Net=Pitfall Trap. Genprey fang+Trap tool=Shock trap. You can carry up to four traps this way. You inventory should have the following.
1 Book of combos 1-2 (Just in case)
2 Trap Tools
1 Pitfall Trap
1 Shock Trap
2 Nets OR Genprey Fangs

I Would perfer using pitfalls on these creatures because they remained trapped for longer than a shock. (Don't be discouraged at shock traps in some monsters pitfalls wont even work.)

Now for Bombs you can buy them From the mercent get 3 Large Barrel Bombs and 5 Small. Occasionally the lady with the backpack sells scatterfish. Combine that with a Large barrel bomb to create a Large Barrel Bomb+. You can only carry two at a time. These are very powerful and may even kill you instantly if you get hit with it, thats where the small ones come in. they have a timer on them so no worries.

Once you trap them, Place two Bomb+'s IMMEADIATELY AND SET THEM OFF! Rinse wash repeat. Try leaving the area to combine or recover.

3. Is it in the forest&hills? Never fight it in area 9, too small for something that big.

4. Leave the area when it's angered. you can tell by the constantly flaming mouth and it gets faster. It will do more damage than normal and may juggle you to death.

5. Did you know that a sleeping monster takes 3X the damage on the next hit it takes? Combine that with the charge effect of the greatsword on its face, and deal almost 9X the damage of a normal hit in one blow, after that they will be pissed, reccomend leaving the area!

6. You can block anything as long as you have the stamina for it. fireballs, wind pressure, even sonic screams. (Which dont make sense IRL)

7. Learning how to dodge will take you a long way. Even if it means rolling three times in one direction. Hey what works works right? You should make a habit of dodging before blocking. If you have the breif moment to put away your weapon and run at full speed to dodge. I highly reccomend it. That way you are not hindered by the sluggish movements of a GS.

8. The Leaping dodge is great! This is accomplished by sheathing your weapon and sprinting away or around a monster (NOTE: not "at the monster") and dodging you will leap making a great distance and while you are in midair, you are invincible. but only momentarily. Be warned.

Well, That's all I can think of at the moment, but I hope that works. I apologize in advance if this still doesn't work, It may just be a matter of your skill with the GS being... well not to be insulting, but plain bad. I Didn't mean it like you are an idiot but rather giving as advice to at least try out the different sets of weapons. I personally had to make 3 different changes untill I settled with the Longsword. I can vouch for at least 4 people who thought the GS would be great and fun in theory and anticipation but were dissapointed in the diffulculty of the GS. The GS requires patience and timing, The whole concept of slow hunter VS fast monster would obviously have a strategic value to it rather than the hack-n-slash of what they want to be.

Again, no insult intended. Just giving you some examples and advice. Sorry if I rambled.
Back to top Go down
senro
HR- 1

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Hey there need little help about how to dodge the water wayvren water shot in the psp game
mhfu ?
( i tried blocking it with my sword didn't work )
Back to top Go down
Lordturtle
HR- 1

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 am

Senro, just dodge lol

And thanks for the info Tobakado ^^y

My GS skill is good, I caused the Level 4 Kushala Daora to flee the second time I tried, so I think I just suck at fighting Raths lol

And I will try that maybe tonight, so thanks ^^y
Back to top Go down
Drakina
Admin
Drakina

Location : Turn around and find out - if not I hope you enjoy the taste of a blade.

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 pm

You cant kill any Rath's with a GS?!?! I could kill a MHF G rank silver Rathalos and gold Rathian with Judgment. Which I have. My friend has judgment, along with me, WE PWN ALL!
Back to top Go down
Lordturtle
HR- 1

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 am

Granted, I tried once and kinda got pwned, but its not a fun thing to fight.
Back to top Go down
Drakina
Admin
Drakina

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:43 am

Not fun? Its hilarious watching me PWN all monsters. excep Ukanlos, hes just an ass
Back to top Go down
Lordturtle
HR- 1

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:52 am

Took out the Rathian, but the Rathios still beat me down.

So now the only wyverns I have issues with are Rathios and Yian Gurga(sp)
Back to top Go down
Drakina
Admin
Drakina

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:57 am

wow, trouble with a Yian garuga?
Back to top Go down
Lordturtle
HR- 1

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am

Yian Kut-Ku and Blue Yian Kut-Ku? No issue.

Plesioth? Not a problem.

Cephadrome? Easy as Pie.

Monoblos? Killed it.

Basarios? Broke its belly and got it good.

Khezu? Easily taken out.

Gypceros? Not matter how much it flashed me I ended it.

But Yian Garuga is annoying and something I'd like to finish for good.
Back to top Go down
Drakina
Admin
Drakina

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Well first off: What game are you playing, it sounds like MHF2. If it's that game that your losing to a Rathalos, and Garuga, I have PWN every monster in everymonster hunter game (U.S.A) avalabile. Only monster tht gave me a slight problem: Ukanlos, sometimes akantor did: When I was killing him 4 fun, not caring about winning or losing..... Here is a tip, USE A LONGSWORD!!! It has the speed of a SnS and the power of a GS!!
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:12 am

Well to be fair... not everyone is as good as us ratho... there will always be new players and there is a slow learning curve involved. And Ls are somewhat a noobie favorite just due to the sharpness and atk+50 when the bar is up.
Back to top Go down
Drakina
Admin
Drakina

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:55 am

Good point, and thats one of the reasons I stick with my GS's and bow's. I usualy use the White Fatalis bow (cn't mmbr what its called), but I use multiple GS's. Hey LordTurtle: Trhy using Chicken Decapitator, and no I don't mean Chick Deaciptatr (AHH TYPO). Try to get the Rathalos' tail off: then go 4 his face as often as posible: You with have to dodge a-lot!! Yeah anyway Tobakado: What is ur HR?: Mine is 9 with all quest clear, one group quest to help some frends with aka and uka
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 pm

I am the same hr and skill. I own the freedom series and tri.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tips n` Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips n` Tricks   Tips n` Tricks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips n` Tricks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next