Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a roleplaying forum where an organization called Followers of Fatalis is controlling monsters to further their own agendas. Will you be a hunter to defend your town, or be the ones attacking the town. Your life is entirely up to you.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Windows Vista Gamer Edition 2009 X64 SP2
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:10 am by gladupan

» VA - Brownswood Bubblers Nine (2012)
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 am by gladupan

» 3 Sisters Lara Jade Aude Advisoryr Part 1
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:06 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 pm by gladupan

» Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.05 RePack
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:32 am by gladupan

» Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.0.1 Serial
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:06 pm by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:16 am by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:44 am by gladupan

Top posters
Tobakado (891)
A (possible) NPC: Dream Vote_lcapA (possible) NPC: Dream Voting_barA (possible) NPC: Dream Vote_rcap 
Mehaha (765)
A (possible) NPC: Dream Vote_lcapA (possible) NPC: Dream Voting_barA (possible) NPC: Dream Vote_rcap 
Black Lagoon (615)
Abel X (349)
Monsters (319)
Razor (298)
Drakina (220)
ScottishSamurai (163)
TokyoBabe (146)
gladupan (138)
Disclaimer
This forum is based off the "Monster Hunter" series. All sources originated from the "Monster Hunter" series are intended to retain as much of the original creation as possible. original creations are intended to be original and is not intended to influence the actual "Monster Hunter" series.
Administrators
Tobakado
Mehaha
Merrow
Moderators
Monsters
Reks
Facebook

A (possible) NPC: Dream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

A (possible) NPC: Dream Empty
PostSubject: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Names: Morpheus, Sandman, Dream... He has an almost infinite number of names.

Alliance: Not decided

Appearance:
A (possible) NPC: Dream SandmanA (possible) NPC: Dream Sandman1-01

Biographies: very little is known about him, it seems that he is extremly old although his appearance is the one of a young man, it seems that he has an almost unlimited wisdom, he doesn't work for the guild and is rarely seen by the hunters, but the ones that have hunted with him say that he seems to come for other world, this rumor is confirmed by himself, he says that he comes from the Domain of the Dreams where he says he is the king, and he says that he has come to the material world searching for inspiration, because this afirmations, people often think that he is crazy, but it's also said that if you don't laugh at him and belive his words, you won't have a nightmare never again.

Kill Tally: Leave blank for now.

Equipment: A blade master armor made with kushala daora and lao tian lung, which gives him a wind aura that he can use to manipulate the sand that he uses as a weapon, the sand has elemental power since is combined with powder and fire dragon powder inside thunder, flamethrower, coma, freezing, aqua and paralysis sacs, he has also a hammer-like sand clock, he can fill it with the sand to use it as a hammer with status and elemental effect.

Style: He uses his sand to cause paralysis and put to sleep his enemies and attack from a distance with his elemental sand, that is controlled using the wind aura created by his armor and an ancient meditation technique.He is always calm and frigid, but he is cruel in combat, enjoys revenge and eliminating his enemies.

Special Modes: Leave blank for now.

Charge Attacks: Leave blank for now.

Last edited by Abel X on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:50 pm

The being eternal thing is a bit too much... Having made himself into a living being is a bit too much... Transforming into sand is a bit much... Non-Mechanical flight is too much... Making living nightmares from sand is a bit too much... Attacking someone from their dreams is a bit too much...

NPCs are automatically staff controlled.

The changes I would make are first he has to be a normal human being. Second if you want to use sand as a weapon your gonna have to find a method that at least vaguely makes sense.

Seeing as he is an NPC I can alter his equipment so that he wouldn't have to fight a monster immediately to have a sand based weapon. What about weapons containing Kushala Daora scales to make a wind aura. Then the wind would spin the sand at decent speeds to attack like being smacked with sand paper. Then use martial arts of something to control where the sand goes.
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am

Well, he is eternal, but that doesn't mean that he can't die, that only means that he will revive some time after his death, also he could be an incarnation, so he is a normal human but he is also what he is, eternal, so his human form can die naturally and then he can reincarnate another thing.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Still not okay... He has to be a normal human being...
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 pm

mmmmm... Ok, how about if he is a normal human possessed by him, so he would be a normal human with the wisdom, memories and personality of Dream.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 am

No... But he can be a schizophrenic whom believes he's from a dream...
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am

This is not working... any other possibilities? the one you have proposed is fine but... I'm not sure... it doesn't sound good for me...
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm trying to avoid "Magic" and this would be a blatant use of it... Thus why I insisted the Bringer not use actual darkness... However brainwashing, schizophrenia ETC... There are plenty of ways to make someone believe they are from dream land. Or you could make him a mystery from the beginning. With little to no background so he could just be that suspicious guy who goes around doing thing for seemingly no reason ETC. There are plenty of things you could do without making him magical.
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm

I know, he could be a servant of Dream that is gathering info around the world for his master, so we would avoid magic and he would be a normal human.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:40 pm

If we be unspecific and never say that Dream himself is in some way magical then I don't see a problem with that... He could be one of those possibly a hallucination type characters but nobody knows for sure type situations.
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 pm

okay, mysterious guy then, and kulasha hammer or something like that, do I have to change anything?

And do you like the character?
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Well if you wannamake him use actual sand as a weapon we can just use a lot of well preserved Kushala iron plates for like an armor or whatever and just state it has the wind aura still...
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Ok, Kushala Daora and Lao Tian Lung maybe?

And you didn't said anything about this character, I mean you didn't said your opinion, if you think is cool, I will carry on, but if you think that it's a shit, then I won't carry on, please tell me the truth, I won't be offended.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 pm

The character seems like the type of character too be used at the right moments... And when used in those moments it is pretty cool. Like the guy who gives an epic test to the hero in a story...
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

yeah, it could work.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

You gotta change the Bei and Style sections...
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 am

What's Bei?
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:40 am

Sorry... I meant Bio...
Back to top Go down
Abel X
Admin
Abel X

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Congratulations for having the first approved user submitted NPC... Don't make me regret that decision!
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 am

There is a comment about making him a PC? if so he has to be Nerfed the weapons are far too powerful to start with. Perhaps if they were old with age and rusted they lost their former glory for example. You did say he was old.
Back to top Go down
https://monster-hunter.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A (possible) NPC: Dream   A (possible) NPC: Dream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A (possible) NPC: Dream
Page 1 of 1