Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a roleplaying forum where an organization called Followers of Fatalis is controlling monsters to further their own agendas. Will you be a hunter to defend your town, or be the ones attacking the town. Your life is entirely up to you.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Windows Vista Gamer Edition 2009 X64 SP2
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:10 am by gladupan

» VA - Brownswood Bubblers Nine (2012)
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 am by gladupan

» 3 Sisters Lara Jade Aude Advisoryr Part 1
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:06 pm by gladupan

» Scooby Dancerle
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 pm by gladupan

» Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.05 RePack
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:32 am by gladupan

» Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.0.1 Serial
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:06 pm by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:16 am by gladupan

» PROMT Professional V 9.0.443 Giant (2011) PC
Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:44 am by gladupan

Top posters
Tobakado (891)
Explosive Throwing Knife Vote_lcapExplosive Throwing Knife Voting_barExplosive Throwing Knife Vote_rcap 
Mehaha (765)
Explosive Throwing Knife Vote_lcapExplosive Throwing Knife Voting_barExplosive Throwing Knife Vote_rcap 
Black Lagoon (615)
Abel X (349)
Monsters (319)
Razor (298)
Drakina (220)
ScottishSamurai (163)
TokyoBabe (146)
gladupan (138)
Disclaimer
This forum is based off the "Monster Hunter" series. All sources originated from the "Monster Hunter" series are intended to retain as much of the original creation as possible. original creations are intended to be original and is not intended to influence the actual "Monster Hunter" series.
Administrators
Tobakado
Mehaha
Merrow
Moderators
Monsters
Reks
Facebook

Explosive Throwing Knife

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Araska
HR- 4
Araska

Explosive Throwing Knife Empty
PostSubject: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:44 pm

A very small, pure black throwing knife.

When the knife strikes anything with force, the knife explodes with force equal to a small barrel bomb.

Created by mixing a knife with a small barrel bomb, and only by someone skilled in Alchemy.
Back to top Go down
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Some additional (possible) information for flavor:

The blade, being made of flint, is attached to the hollow hilt via a small spring and track, allowing the blade to move backwards when the safety switch is off (the switch itself consisting of a small block that hinders the movement of the blade when enabled). When the blade moves, the flint scrapes against an internal piece of metal, igniting the fuel housed in the hilt. In this fashion, the knife will only explode when the blade comes in contact with an object while the safety is off. Otherwise, it acts as a normal throwing knife.

Engineers FTW
Back to top Go down
VivaLaCult
HR- 4

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Or there is a small barrel bomb duct taped to the blade of the knife.

Razz
Back to top Go down
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 am

Or that. Though it would be extremely difficult to throw that unwieldy thing, lol. And where exactly can you gather duct tape in the wild? Cool
Back to top Go down
VivaLaCult
HR- 4

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:12 am

....You win this round. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Araska
HR- 4
Araska

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:11 pm

While those are both good ideas, what I was going for with this was something as close to 'magic' as MH allows, with Alchemy, not so much engineering. Cause just look at the Alchemy combo guide, and you will see what I mean, the stranger ones being a Frog and Flute making a sonic bomb and a Ice Crystal and Sleep sac making Monster Fluid.
Back to top Go down
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Well the sonic bomb is easy enough. Obviously you stick the frog on the end of the flute and play notes until it blows up like a baloon. Then you throw the inflated amphibian at the target. Easy enough.

The ice crystals are also obvious. They are ACTUALLY frozen monster fluids. The sac is just something to carry the fluid in when it melts. Which, due to the properties of the crystals, require alchemic knowledge to thaw.

'Course, I'm totally BSing this now. But I've always hated the "It's Magic!" reason for why something works. Even alchemists have logic behind it.
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm

How to make mh ductape:

monster broth description says it is sticky so...

monster broth+Ivy

BAM!!!
Back to top Go down
https://monster-hunter.forumotion.net
KeIl
HR- 4
KeIl

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 am

pffff, it's not nearly sticky enough. Ductape is all thats holding my sandals together right now. I doubt monster broth is sticky enough for that Razz
Back to top Go down
Tobakado
G- Rank Hunter
Tobakado

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:34 pm

then replace monster broth with thunderbug jelly, the most stickiest crap in mh...

thats like beefing pancake syrup with contact cement
Back to top Go down
https://monster-hunter.forumotion.net
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Araska... Mind if I call you Ara? Anyways to help clarify things though I understand where your coming from might I recommend you using the approved template? You have nearly everything needed so you'd only need to copy/paste.

Also the MH manga shows that weapons can have power close to "Magic" if you've read it. It's called Monster Hunter Orage.
Back to top Go down
Mehaha
Admin
Mehaha

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 pm

I assume you've abandoned this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosive Throwing Knife   Explosive Throwing Knife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explosive Throwing Knife
Page 1 of 1